Zambian adventure – Zambia, Africa
|Title:||Zambian Adventure (Residential)|
|Location:||Lusaka and Livingston, Zambia, Africa|
|Date:||Thursday 13 July 2017 – Thursday 27 July 2017|
|Party leader:||Mr Bailey
|Number of staff:||2|
|Number of students:||6|
|Year groups:||Year 12|
|Brief description:||For many years students from Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst have travelled to Zambia to work in our partner school and experience the amazing sights that the country has to offer. Students will be teaching lessons and engaging with students in Mungu Primary School as well as visiting Livingstone, Victoria Falls and kayaking down the Zambezi river. Previous trips have included close up encounters with baby elephants and sightings of hippopotamus, crocodiles, giraffes and elephants in the wild whilst on a three-day river safari.|
During the visit students will see both the human and natural side of Zambia through their work in Mungu Primary School and adventures along the Zambezi River.
The trip will include:
- A visit to Victoria falls – the world’s largest sheet of falling water,
- A three-day canoeing safari along the Zambezi River,
- Camping overnight whilst on safari,
- Working with students in Mungu school,
- Teaching lessons to students,
- Helping the youngest students with their reading and writing skills,
- Playing games with the students at Mungu school,
- Dining on some local delicacies such as roasted caterpillars and crocodile meat!
… and much more!