|Title:||Cultural visit to New York City (Residential)|
|Location:||New York City|
|Date:||26-30 October 2019 (5 days, 4 nights)|
|Party leader:||Mrs Ridley
|Number of staff:||4|
|Number of students:||36|
|Year groups:||Year 9, 10, 11 and 12|
|Brief description:||We are delighted to be offering a once-in-a-lifetime trip to one of the most vibrant and exciting cities in the world. During October Half Term 2019, Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst will be embarking on an overseas cultural visit to New York City.|
The proposed 5 day/4 night itinerary includes:
- A Broadway Show
- A trip to the viewing platform of the Empire State Building
- Boat ride to Liberty and Ellis Islands, including climbing the Statue of Liberty
- A visit to Ground Zero and the 9/11 Museum
- Exploring Grand Central Station
- A visit to Wall Street and the Financial Quarter
- Walking over the Brooklyn Bridge at night
- Sightseeing in Central Park
- Discovering Times Square
- Shopping opportunities at Macy’s / Bloomingdales / Fifth Avenue etc.
- Dinner at restaurants such as Planet Hollywood in Times Square
For further information, please email LRidley@kingshurst.tgacademy.org.uk
What else do I need to take?
Students will need their own full British Passport which is valid for the duration of the trip. In addition, students will need an ESTA from the US Government. The ESTA application is easy to do, currently costs $14 and is available online when you have a British Passport. For more information please visit the Government’s foreign travel advice to USA page.