ICT

Key Stage 4

This course is an exciting way to study, it gives you the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding that you will need in the world of work. You will research and create professional documents selecting and using appropriate software. In the core units you will learn about of IT/computing principles. In addition, optional specialist units you will be able to explore specific areas of interest. In addition, you will also understand and be able to set up a digital portfolio and how different technology systems work.
Core Units:

  • 1 The Online World (Exam)

    OR

  • 2 Technology Systems( Exam)

    AND

  • 3 A Digital Portfolio(Coursework)

Optional Units:

  • 4 Creating Digital Animation – Internal 30
  • 5 Creating Digital Audio – Internal 30
  • 6 Creating Digital Graphics – Internal 30
  • 7 Creating Digital Video – Internal 30
  • 8 Mobile Apps Development – Internal 30
  • 9 Spreadsheet Development – Internal 30
  • 10 Database Development – Internal 60
  • 11 Computer Networks – Internal 60
  • 12 Software Development – Internal 60
  • 13 Website Development – Internal 60

 
How will I be assessed?
This course has two forms of assessment. 75% of this course will be based on coursework and internal assessments, whilst the other 25% will be gained from external assessment. Student coursework will be internally assessed. There will be part of external assessment in this course for one unit which will be in a form of an onscreen test with multiple choices, short answers, matching exercise etc. This will enable students to demonstrate their knowledge gained in a unit.

Course: BTEC First Award in Information and Creative Technology
Exam Board: Edexcel
Exam Specification Code: 600/4789/6

Specification

Key Stage 5

If you are interested in ICT, you may also be interested in the key stage 5 course we offer. Select the link below for more information: