Key Stage 3
- Introduction to Religious Studies
- Looking for God
- Sacred Writings
- Sacred Arts
- Should we Forgive?
- Respect in Religion
- How can an individual change the world?
- Rites of Passage
- Who wants to be a Millionaire?
- Morality through the Arts
- Blood and RE
- The nature of the Miraculous
- Introduction to GCSE Religious Studies
- What on Earth? (Religion and Science vs the Environment)
- Suffering and Evil
Key Stage 4
What will I learn?
GCSE Religious Studies Full Course follows the Edexcel exam board – Unit 1 and Unit 8- Religion and Life Christianity and Islam. There are a range of topics studied which links to religious, ethical and moral issues. The topics are;
- Topic 1 – Belief in God
- Topic 2 – Matters of life and death
- Topic 3 – Marriage and the family
- Topic 4 – Religion and community cohesion
- Topic 1 – Rights and responsibilities
- Topic 2 – Crime and Punishment
- Topic 3 – Peace and conflict
- Topic 4 – Environment and medical issues
Religious Studies is a relevant qualification for many jobs. These include, police officer, social worker, teacher, armed forces, doctor, nurse, lawyer and judge. Religious Studies can also support other GCSE subjects too, such as History, Geography, Health and Social Care, Sociology and Psychology.
How will I be assessed?
There are 2 exams at the end of Year 11 which are 1 hour 30 minutes each. This will give you a Full Course GCSE qualification. There is no coursework.
Course: GCSE Religious Studies
Exam Board: Edexcel
Exam Specification Code: 2RS01, 3RS01
Key Stage 5
If you are interested in religious studies, you may be interested in the other key stage 5 course we offer, click the link below for more information: