Key Stage 5
What will I study?
The Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma Art and Design is a journey of creative discovery that will enable you to explore a wide range of materials before you choose a specialism. This course will help you to develop as an artist and as an individual.
Through a wide variety of workshops you will develop expertise in a range of art and design skills. Your practical learning will be underpinned by research of contemporary and historical art movements and supported by visiting artists and gallery trips.
By the end of this two year programme you will have honed your creative skills to the right level to progress in your specialism, and you’ll have a good understanding and appreciation of a wide range of creative disciplines and their contexts. Above all you will have gained inspiration from like-minded individuals and you will have enjoyed a fascinating two years of study.
How will I be assessed?
The course is unit based: each unit has a credit value and assessments are made throughout the course.
What coursework will I need to do?
All students will study and complete 5 Core Units and 12 Specialist Units. These include the following:
- Visual Recording
- Materials, Techniques and Processes
- Ideas and Concepts
- Communication through Art and Design
- Contextual Influences in Art and Design
- Design Methods
- Personal and Professional Development
- Drawing from Observation
- Exploring Sculptural Techniques
- Painting in Fine Art
- Image Manipulation using Computer Applications
- Exploring Ceramic Techniques
- Exploring Glass Techniques
- 3D Design Media, Techniques and Technology
- Community Art
- Professional Practice in Art and Design
- Exploring Non-resistant Materials
- Surface Pattern
Course: BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design
Exam Board: Edexcel
Exam Specification Code: 500/7566/4