The Media department have two fully fitted Apple Mac suites and a range of other technical equipment, including a radio station. Students who take Media have the opportunity to use industry standard software such as Final Cut Pro and Motion.
Key Stage 5
What will I study?
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production has been specially developed in the creative media sector to focus on the kind of projects that one would encounter as a professional in the Media industries. It is broadly equivalent to three A Levels and provides the ideal gateway to University, apprenticeships or employment. The qualification provides opportunities for learners to develop skills, knowledge and understanding relevant to the Media industries. With the Creative Industries being the fourth biggest employers in the UK at the moment, it has never been a better time to enter the world of Creative Media Production. ‘Real world’ examples are used and learners are given the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.
The benefit of joining this course:
- A broad range of units are covered in the Diploma, including Film, TV, Radio and the Web
- You will gain experience in using a wide range of industry standard technology
- You will have the opportunity to work as both an individual and as part of a team
There will be various opportunities for students go on work related trips to broaden their experience on the course. Previous trips have included residential trips to Disneyland, Paris, the BBC and Universal Studios to broaden students’ experience of the Media.
The units you may cover include:
- Film and Video Editing Techniques
- Advertisement Production for Television
- Creating Idents for Television
- Web Authoring
- News Production for Radio
- Digital Graphics for Interactive Media
- Television and Video Studies
- Producing Print-Based Media
- Designing Idents for Television
How will I be assessed?
All assessment is internally assessed by a teacher through a portfolio of work produced by the student for each unit that they study. The method of assessment will be varied according to the nature of the unit being studied and will range from formal, written assignments to delivering a presentation or a filmed report.
Course: BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production
Exam Board: BTEC
Exam Specification Code: 500/7878/1