What is Young Leaders in Service?
These awards recognise young people who provide significant levels of service to their communities. There are two award levels:
- The Silver Seal Award – 50 hours of service to their community during a 12 month period.
- The Gold Seal – 100 hours of service during a 12 month period.
All Tudor Grange Kingshurst Academy students can take part in the scheme and gain points to help their College too.
How does it work?
Each young person will be provided with a logbook to record their service activities. These activities are in a number of different categories:
- Public Heath
- Literacy and Education
- Disaster relief
- Community improvement
- Help children
- Help elderly people
- Help Homeless
All the hours can be from the same activity or from a variety of services.
Benefits for you.
- Experience the rewards of community service
- Become involved in your community
- Receive a certificate and letter from the Lions ClubsInternational President
- You gain an internationally recognised qualification
- Brilliant to put on College applications or UCAS
- Excellent to include on your CV
- Provides you with many skills and extra curricula activity